Digital Product Manager
Digital Product Manager
Boutique digital transformation consulting and delivery firm looking for an experienced digital product expert to collaborate on client engagements. This individual will have a proven track record with improving web applications through business and data analysis. This individual will be both analytical and collaborative. They will be passionate about driving digital results for clients within a multi-client environment.
Who You Are:
Are you an astute and experienced digital product manager interested in taking the next step in your career? Are you highly motivated to drive results for clients by collaborating with other in-house experts and serving as a client champion on solutions? Are you passionate about marrying user expertise and back-end technologies to drive business value for clients? Are you interested in joining a well established, boutique technology firm poised for growth in the technology sector? If that fire is in your belly, you just might be the right person to assist in taking our clients to the next level.
The Digital Product Manager for Client Web Applications is responsible for understanding client goals and needs, internal stakeholder needs, executive leadership perspective and distilling that into an actionable backlog to deliver on business value. The role requires a seasoned professional who is exceptionally creative, collaborative, client-facing with strong presentation skills and excited about building world-class software products and experiences for our clients. You will have the unique opportunity to translate our clients’ business goals into digital strategies and leverage the power of web, mobile and digital platforms to help them achieve their goals in concert with the I-ology team. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter that is resourceful, works well with ambiguity and under tight deadlines and is analytical with a great attention to detail.
- Lead strategic vision of your product with executive leadership, both from an immediate and long-term perspective.
- Drive the discovery process through quick assessment of product strategies by understanding needs, satisfaction drivers, performance requirements and business cases throughout the value chain/channel structure.
- Act as the product expert for the identified incremental enhancements including ownership of definition/specifications, product positioning, features/benefits communication, product training, and transition to operational management.
- Monitor industry, technology, and business trends to identify opportunities/threats and benchmarks competitive products to identify sources of competitive advantage.
- Develop a product road-map and vision with input from clients and internal stakeholders.
- Partner with enterprise architect, product owner, business analysis, development, and QA team leads to ensure practices are aligned with the product needs and vision.
- Accountable for ensuring the product backlog is defined, prioritized and visible.
- Ensure development team work is optimized to deliver optimal business value aligned to strategic vision for the product.
- Ensure complete transparency of the backlog and decision-making process for privatization to all stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and client services teams to assist in managing customer expectations and translate the needs into business solutions.
- Develop release plans and coordinate with other product owners, scrum teams, and supporting teams such as infrastructure on integrations and deployments.
- Participate in the Product Owner community of practice.
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies to guide the team and make decisions.
- Report to executive leadership on ROI, roadmap and team effectiveness.
Leadership & Strategic Oversight
- Assist in ongoing strategic planning to ensure organizational alignment.
- Provide technical insight & perspective in order to ensure I-ology’s ability to effectively execute against organizational goals.
- Identify areas of improvement for the business, make relevant recommendations, and upon approval, oversee the execution of those solutions.
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to achieve organizational Key Metric goals.
Desired Skills, Strengths, and Leadership:
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of IT project management within SDLC.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Proven experience in risk management.
- Proven experience in change management.
- Strong leadership skills – Ability to lead a project team and manage high performing resources.
- Ability to work with teams that are not co-located.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Skills in full GSuite.
- Experience with Agile and specifically the product owner role.
- Working with Jira, Confluence, Aha!, Azure DevOps, or similar a plus.
- Working with applications that have users across multiple organizations.
- Familiarity with core development concepts, such as SDLC, CI/CD, branching/merging, unit testing, automated QA testing, etc. a plus.
- Experience working with a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Computer Science, or a related field required. A Masters Degree is a plus.
- Product Owner certification is a strong plus.
- 4+ years of demonstrated product owner/manager specific experience.
- 8+ years of proven professional experience, technical expertise.
- Proven experience in consulting, project management, business analyst or systems analyst capacities. Multi-client environment is a plus.
- Strong understanding and experience with UX/UI is a must.
- 2+ years of demonstrated and documented success in a similar capacity.
- Phoenix, Arizona based or ability to relocate to the Phoenix area.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and as a team leader.
- Ability to work in an open office environment and/or remote, as needed.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume to: email@example.com